Clock to Rock - Big Ben, London to the rock of Gibraltar 2nd -19th September 2011

Paul Beven & Jane Kennet are cycling to Gibraltar for the British Heart Foundation. Our target is to raise £12,000. We are hoping to keep you up to date with our training and fund raising progress so far via this blog. Signals and stamina permitting with any luck we can post along the actual journey too. Sponsor us now by clicking this link to our JustGiving page or email me if you prefer. LATEST NEWS - Despite the BHF postponing their official trip until sometime in 2012 we are pressing ahead with an independent trip of our own although the BHF are providing some assistance to us to help us on our way.



CLICK HERE TO TRACK OUR POSITION TRACKED BY THE LATEST FROM OUR TWITTER FEEDS



Thursday 27 January 2011

Paul's first blog

I know I am a late entrant to this blog - this is because I am still coming to terms with the facts that I have signed up and that we have a pile of cash to raise. Fitness needs to be addressed - my commute is a lot less that Jane's and 5 miles each way doesn't do much for cardiovascular fitness. I plan to build up to a reasonable weekly mileage, but am waiting for the weather to improve (flakes of snow in the air again as I write).

It has been interesting to hear the reactions from mates who have done some of our cycling trips before to the suggestion that they join this one. Some say they can't take the time off (semi-acceptable excuse), some think it is too far (they are possibly right, but how do they know without trying?), some express qualified interest and say they'll let me know (Mark Hudson), some say they are going to do it but have yet to register (Chris Vaughan, Simon Dalli). Some just don't respond (Dave Coomes - but then he never does). My eldest son, who will be 18 then, is keen to come but I am not sure he really knows what he would be letting himself in for. He might be able to tap up some rich parents at his school though.

No comments:

Post a Comment